Friday, June 8, 2007

Emotions

Hello Friends,

Today was a day full of emotions. I have met someone online who is visiting her daughter in Guatemala this week and she has been keeping her blog updated with wonderful pictures. I am just so happy orphans around the world have families to love them and care for them and every time I look at a picture of one of these little ones, this vast joy overwhelms me.

On the other hand, I miss Pearl. I know it might not make sense to miss a child I haven't met in person, but the way I love her is so deep and enormous. She doesn't leave my thoughts for very long. I look at her picture and a plethora of emotions hit me. I feel excitement to have her home, sadness that she isn't here, nervous to travel abroad, delight when Jack talks about having four daughters, marvel when the girls ask questions about Guatemala and the emotions go on and on.

I try and give this process over to God but I tend to take it right back from Him when I obsess over our timeline, always wondering when we are going to get through to the next phase. Thankfully, I know in my heart that He knows the best time for Pearl to come home and it's all under His control.

So, as busy as life is right now, I still have time to dream about the day I see Pearl for the first time. Even as Jack ends his school year and stays busy with finals and grading, he still has time to ask God to take care of Pearl and her foster family. Even as Sophia Rose is learning to walk again, she still has time to ask God to "bring Pearl home soon and even though I wanted her name to be Penelope, I still love her."

Thank you for joining us on this journey.


1 Chronicles 29:11 (NKJV)

Yours, O LORD, is the greatness,
The power and the glory,
The victory and the majesty;
For all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours;
Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, And You are exalted as head over all.

No comments: