Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Not so good news

So, this evening we found out that the US Embassy in Guatemala has decided to shut down adoption operations all next week. We were planning on getting our PINK this week and traveling next. Now it looks like our appointment won't be until the week of the 24th at the very earliest. It could even be the week after because they will be backed up with appointments after taking a full work week off. Please pray for us. We miss Pearl desperately and this set back is very difficult for us. We know that God is in control and we are thankful that she is so close to coming home. On the other hand, she's our daughter and every day we don't see her is painful.
Thank you so much for your prayers,
Susan

1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Susan, I'm so sorry. I know how disapointed you must be. I know I want to move to Guat so that I can take some vacation. Guatemalan adoption entities take more vacation than any other I know of. Here's hoping Pearl will be home soon. I'm going on a visit trip on Oct 4-9. I know it's later than you wanted, but maybe I'll see you there!

-Jaimee