Monday, September 17, 2012

Choosing Contentment






Recently I was told I am a bad blogger.  ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH?!  I apologize.  My pics look all funny, I don't write as often as I should and my posts really aren't interesting.  On the other hand, I just read another blogger say how blogging is therapeutic.  And I need therapy.

Let me tell you, I am blessed beyond imagination.  I shouldn't complain.  Life is good.  God is SO good.  But to be honest, I have been restless since we left Guatemala.  I credit two reasons for this season of restlessness.

When we brought Pearl home from Guatemala, we knew we would be back.  Our hearts were pulled toward Guatemala, long after we brought our daughter home.  Going back just confirmed our love for the country and people.  Perhaps we are meant to go back during the summer time or maybe we are meant to go back long term.  For now, we pray and wait for the Lord to direct us.  And choose contentment among restlessness.

The second reason for this restlessness is our dear son,  Joseph.  Sadly, we were unable to go on the mission trip to Haiti this month.  This decision was made by his creche (home/orphanage) and though we respect their advisory, it was a HUGE letdown.  Our dreams of finally meeting our son and holding him will be put off just a little while longer.  God has a master plan.  It's a perfect plan.  I just need to accept it and wait.  And choose contentment among this restlessness.

So that's our update.  I apologize if it was a downer.  I'm finding peace in Isaiah 41:10: Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Blessings.

No comments: