Monday, July 2, 2012

Guatemala Day 2: This and That

My goal is to post something about this beautiful country and our time here each day. Antigua, Guatemala is a very old city. Many homes and business are semi-outdoors in this area. Our house, for instance, has three outdoor areas which separate the different rooms. The outdoor areas in between the buildings are either beautiful(tiny)gardens or smelly allies. The outdoor areas either have tin roofs or it is wide open. Love it...even if it is rainy season and we haven't stayed dry for very long. ;) Yesterday we attended a bilingual church service, which was amazing. When I listen to Chris Tomlin's How Great is Our God World Edition, I have to stop what I am doing to worship. It gives me such joy to hear the different languages singing to God and therefore worshipping in Spanish and English with Guatemalans and Americans was an extremely special experience for me. Just awesome. For some reason I'm having trouble posting pictures on the blog. I'll post some on Townsend Family Adoption Page on Facebook until I can figure it out. Thanks for joining us on our journey!

2 comments:

Mary said...

So excited for you and love to see how the Lord is using your lives-- poured out for kids.

Praying, Mary Westra

Jack and Susie said...

Mary, so good to hear from you. Thanks for following our trip. How are you and Gary? -Jack